Wednesday, June 21, 2017

We are moving to California and so the boat is coming along where it will sail in Santa Barbara.  So before that I decided to mount the spinnaker chute.  A tape of fiberglass coupled the edges at the exit and struts supports its length back to the cockpit.  About this same time I discovered an old movie of flying fifteens being built...now that really could have come in handy.  I think I am overbuilt a bit!  This is what the Kircubbin club was up to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e3eYwN-q-Y














2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! i am in oakland, not too far from santa barbara, and am working on restoring a classic flying fifteen. She has a fiberglass hull and plywood deck, and needs a lot of work. I thought i would drop a note to say hi. I think you can reach me through my google account shown here. I love the work you've done on your flying fifteen. Thanks for all the documentation, its a real inspiration. -j

rwyman said...

Hi Jason, I could not find my way through Google so I will message here. Great to hear, I would like to see the work some time when I get up to San jose. We just moved to Santa Barbara from Hilo with the boat...an ordeal! I noticed in the flying fifteen register list that there were many boats in the Bay Area back in the 70s and 80s. Yours is the first I heard on the west coast. Someone in the US (Florida) sailed in the UK a year or so back. And there is a regatta in Victoria. What number is your boat? Here is my email wymanrt@yahoo.com. Stay in touch and let me know how it goes. Regards, Robert Wyman